The 10 most recently published documents
- RF Safety of the Combination of a 31P Tx/Rx Endorectal Coil & a 1H Tx/Rx Body Array for 31P MRSI of the Prostate at 7T (2012)
- No effects of GSM-modulated 900 MHz electromagnetic fields on survival rate and spontaneous development of lymphoma in female AKR/J mice (2004)
- In-flight vibration-based structural health monitoring of aircraft wings (2016)
- This work presents a methodology for automated damage-sensitive feature extraction and anomaly detection under multivariate operational variability for in-flight assessment of wings. The method uses a passive excitation approach, i. e. without the need for artificial actuation. The modal system properties (natural frequencies and damping ratios) are used as damage-sensitive features. Special emphasis is placed on the use of Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) sensing technology and the consideration of Operational and Environmental Variability (OEV). Measurements from a wind tunnel investigation with a composite cantilever equipped with FBG and piezoelectric sensors are used to successfully detect an impact damage. In addition, the feasibility of damage localisation and severity estimation is evaluated based on the coupling found between damageand OEV-induced feature changes.
- Accurate induced drag prediction for highly non-planar lifting systems (2014)
- The impact of wake model effects is investigated for two highly non-planar lifting systems. Dependent on the geometrical arrangement of the configuration, the wake model shape is found to considerably affect the estimation. Particularly at higher angles of attack, an accurate estimation based on the common linear wake model approaches is involved.